WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personal Information – This is information that you voluntarily supply to us through a visitor registration card, email or the First Baptist Church of Destin website, being FirstBaptistDestin.com. It is information that you provide us for such things as prayer requests, online donations, volunteering for First Baptist ministries, church membership, etc. All personal information is kept confidential and is not distributed, sold, or shared with anyone. It is strictly used for the purposes of allowing First Baptist Church to encourage you in your walk with Jesus Christ. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, email address, phone number, and billing address
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
Contact Form – Form Consent – If you correspond with us through our online contact form, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or information you have requested, such as (for example) by providing it to a Vendor to deliver services or products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of First Baptist Church, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our website hosting partner, may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We, or our website hosting partner, may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
First Baptist Church does not use “cookies” to store personal data on your computer at this time. However; should we choose to add a blog to our website, it will store cookies for those visitors who choose to comment so the visitor won’t need to retype their information again if they wish to leave another comment – this is purely for the visitor’s convenience. The commenter cookies are set to expire a little under one year from the time they are set. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s). Our website runs on the WordPress platform. Information on WordPress cookies can be found at https://wordpress.org/support/article/cookies/.
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
YOUR PRIVACY RESPONSIBILITIES
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the First Baptist Church Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION USERS
First Baptist Church is located in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
You must be at least 13 years old to use First Baptist Church‘s Web site(s). First Baptist Church does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?