Frequently Asked Questions
When are your various services?
– Sunday School – 9:15 a.m.
– Sunday Worship Service – 10:30 a.m.
– Wednesday Meal – 6:00 p.m. ($3 donation suggested)
– Wednesday Adult Bible Study – 6:30 p.m.
– Wednesday Youth & Kids Programs – 6:30 p.m.
How long does your worship service last?
Our Sunday morning worship services are about 1 hour and 15 minutes long and begin at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday’s Bible Study is one hour long and starts at 6:30 p.m.
Do you have a children’s church?
We offer children’s church for children 4 years through 3rd grade, which dismisses near the end of the worship service.
What Do I Bring?
If you have a Bible, bring it with you to church. A Bible will help you to follow along in worship and in Bible Study. If you don’t have one, that’s no problem as the church has Bibles available for use in the pews. We normally use the New King James Version of the Bible, but bring whatever you have. We also have Wifi available for those who prefer to use a phone or tablet to read their bible and require access to the internet. The Wifi password is printed in our Sunday bulletin and is changed periodically.
How many people go to your church?
There are usually around 50-80 people who attend the worship services each Sunday.
What to Expect in the Worship Service?
Our worship services are a blend of casual and formal, contemporary and traditional. We encourage our guests to join us in the praise and worship of our God, regardless of which style of music we are singing at any given time. Our pastor always has a biblical based message. Children’s worship (4 yrs. – 3rd grade) is made available in Rm. #213 following the praise and worship, just prior to the message. Tithes and offering plates are available at the close of the service, following the invitation, at the doors of the sanctuary as you exit by our Deacons.
What If I Have Difficulty Hearing?
We have hearing assistance devices available during our Sunday services. Just see an usher upon entering the Worship Center and he will provide you with a receiver.
Do you have a way to pay my tithes online?
Currently we offer 3 different ways to pay tithes online.
1. You can select the Donate icon on the right-hand page of several of our website pages and it will take you to our PayPal account, where you can securely submit your tithe.
2. You can go into your personal online banking account and set up “First Baptist Destin” as a billpay account. This will instruct your bank to mail a check to the church on your behalf each month.
3. You can contact the church office and have them deduct a set amount from your checking account on a schedule of your choice.
I have more questions. Who can I talk to?
Please contact our church office at 850-837-6515. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.